Keeping an online diary not only allows you to express your thoughts and feelings in a creative manner, but also allows you to share these thoughts with others.
1. Use a search engine to find Internet diary sites. Search for “online diary.”
2. Look at the formats of the various sites and pick one that appeals to you.
3. Read the rules that apply to the site. Many sites have strict guidelines about content, language and the use of personal information.
4. Register your new diary by filling out the appropriate forms on the site. Most sites will not require personal information, but you may want to leave an anonymous e-mail address so readers can contact you. You will also be asked to enter a pseudonym for yourself and a title for your diary.
5. Write your diary entries according to the format of your site. Some sites will offer forms to be filled out, or simply blank pages to use as you want.
If you already have a personal Web page, you may want simply to include your diary on the page, thereby avoiding diary site rules that may inhibit your expression. However, since the diary will be part of your page, your anonymity will not be as closely guarded.
Be aware that millions of people will have access to your personal thoughts and feelings.
Most online diary sites require that you make an entry at least every 30 days.